Saturday, January 9, 2010

Visons of creating a Happy New Year

2010 Here I come!   My focus for the year is to Be Creativily Expressive.  In this moment, what can I create?
No resolutions that start off with the best of intentions and then fizzle by the second week of January.  A focus.  A focus on being creative and the expressions that follow.  Asking myself along the way...In this moment what can I create?   This makes the possibilities endless and limited only by my willingness to play along, stay in the moment and create good things for myself, my family, my friends, the world.   (I'm sort of an expansive thinker.)
I'm also very visual and I love symbols.  I'm also a hat maker.  (Sidebar...I'm teaching HatMaking at PCC starting January 25th.  Fun easy way to make cool and groovy hats)  So, I thought that a Vision Hat which would help me focus on my focus for the year would be great.
There are things I want to create for myself this year...good health, more income, more connection with others, more travel. Less worry. Less weight. Less wasted time.  More time for creating fun and good things.
So, my hat focus is just that.
I like the idea of a vision board, but I love the idea of a vison hat.  It's 3-D, it's wearable, heck it's more fun!


The hat form is easy to make.  Some folding and cutting and a few staples.  I got the insturctions at www.insructables.com/id/cool-way-to-make-paper-hat-/   from there it's up to you what you put on your hat...I mean it's your vision for what you want to create in your life.   I also added a red satin ribbon that I had around and wrote on it "Create...Create to feel great...In this moment, what can I create?"   Just as an added reminder that my focus is to be creativily expressive this year.   I'm excited by the endless possibilities!
It's that expansive thinking thing again.
So, I encourage you come up with a focus for yourself.  Make a Vision hat or board.  And kick off your happiest year! (Also, please don't be shy about sharing your creations with us!)
Until next week, create to feel great!   
13 projects complete 39 to go!
I also had to make a Ham costume this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment