Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's An Inside Job

In last week's post I wrote about making the tough choices and making decisions.  That post was brought about by my comittment to myself and making changes in my life.   I'm proud to say I've been working very hard on my comittments, my health, my attitudes, my reactions to what life gives me.  It is a ton of work.  Well worth it, as I'm noticing some changes in my energy levels, my creative creations and my physical appearance.   With all this personal work came a restlessness with my home, my living environment.   I've been working on that as well.   The things I've tolerated for years, in my big old house, are now annoying and unacceptable.  It is like I'm becoming a better more evolved person, so why not live in a much better environment?  Oprah is fond of saying that our living enivronment is an outward expression of what is going on inwardly and on an emotional level.  I never gave much creedence to this, until lately.  Now, I'm seeing this.  So, as I work on myself inwardly, I'm also drawn to work on my living environment.
This is the "after".  I'm not very good at "before" photos.
I've been a one woman home improvement crew this summer.  I've cleaned my basement, painted and sealed my basement mud room, painted and decorated my upstairs bathroom, preped the front of my house for more painting I've cleared mountains of clutter and this week I laid flooring at the top of my stairs.  This project was critical for me.  Everyday for the past 16 years, I've really hated the look of this area of my house.  The preivous owners, did an awful job in this area.  Now it is open and fresh looking.  Talk about shifting my attitude.  Once I finished this job, I was dancing on the floor.  I felt like I had a new house.   This is my project of the week. Actually, all the work I'm doing on myself and my living environment is a project of a lifetime.  I don't think it will end, and least not for the forseeable future.

So, how is your envrionment- both inside you and where you are living? Is there termoil and clutter or are you feeling free and clear? 

Until next week...create to feel great!
46 projects complete! 6 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment