Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mrs. Remington And The Temple Of Fear

Fear.  The word often strikes, well fear, into our very being.  It's a part of life.  Countless books, workshops, movies have been created around fear.  Over the years we've been told to, "Feel the fear and do it anyway", "Be Fearless", "No guts, no glory", "Face our fears" and to "Just Do It."  Oh, and that classics of classics, "We have nothing to fear but fear it's self." There are a million and one other platitudes on what to do with fear.   I'm guilty of using them.  I'm of letting fear get the better of me and paralyze me into in action.  I know fear is a very powerful force.  I think it is so powerful, that it would be nice if it just went away- didn't exist.  Yet it does. Until recently, I would get frustrated with it's existence.  What in the world am I suppose to do with my fear? Let it just get in my way and not doing anything?  Or if I am really suppose to "feel this fear and do it any way", aren't I just dragging this fear along with me hoping it will just go away, only to return?  So, what do I do with this fear?
Through all my years of reading and workshop/seminar attending, it wasn't until last week that I came to the conclusion that fear is an indicator of areas in my life I need to do the work.  If I'm afraid I won't have money.  Well, it is time to figure out how to make some more money.  If I'm afraid that I won't have energy or health or I'll get ill.  Time to look at how I can get healthier, obtain my energy and boost my immune system so I won't get ill.  If I'm afraid of the future.  Time to figure out what I can do in the present to build a stronger future.  Looking at fear in this light, makes it a gift. There is always going to be fear.  It isn't just going to walk away. Yet, why drag it aroung with you or worse, let it drag you down and keep you from living a rich full life?  Fear is the place to start digging for the treasure. By looking for all the treasure or the gifts, it de-fuses the fear, in a sense it goes away- at very least it isn't a parlazing powerful force. Oh, and since it is a gift...no fair re-gifting your fears.  By that I mean tossing your fears on others.  Your fears are your fears.  They are for you and you alone, they are your lovely gifts, for you to discover the treasures.  Or if you prefer, look at fear like an archeology dig.  You can put on your Indiana Jones hat and grab your whip and get to work on your very own adventure.
What fears are you wishing to "just go away"? Is it time for you to enter your Temple of Fear? Are you ready to go on your own archeology dig or open your gift?
Until next week create to feel great!

47 projects complete. 5 to go - no way- really?
This week's project is inspired from Japan...thise cute little (well they can be as big as you like) gift pouches.
They start out as square fabric pieces sewn togehter....corners turned down and casings made for drawstrings.  When pulled up...the look like cute little flowers!  So, cute!  I can't stop making them!

No comments:

Post a Comment