Friday, November 4, 2011

Now What?

I hate to say this, but I've had what can only be called a "now what?" week.   I got caught in some vortex of strange energy and I've been working to get my way clear of it.

It started this week with Broadside deciding to help me with my home improvement list.  Nice, right? Yeah well.  His approach to these things is cranky at best and sometimes not completely thought out.   I'm thankful for the help, yet...it comes with a price, even when he offers to out of the blue to help.  In switching out the broken kitchen faucet, we blew a pipe that we knew was shaky at best.  We didn't have water for a day or so.  It was tense times around the homestead.  We still need to fix a drip.  Sigh.  At least we have running water and in abundance.

Then our home computers decided they didn't want to be connected to the internet.  What!  I need my laptop with internet connection to go about my day. Major.  I'm writing this from the office I work at, and I can not down load my photo of my project of the week.  Sigh.  At least I have work to do and a computer and a comfortable home to do it in.

There were other little things that made life an extra challenge.  Still.  In perspective, really really small.
I might be safe in saying here, that no one likes a "now what?" day or week.  Life sometimes comes at us pretty darn fast and we can't duck quick enough.  It is all in how we view anything and everything.

I have a bag of tricks to help me shift my perspective.  Sighing and taking a deep breath is one.  Going for a walk, however short, is another.  Crafting for a few minutes or whatever I can spare, always good.  Even organizing an area in my house for a short bit, will help me move to higher ground on the situation.

What are some of your tricks to help you shift your perspective?

Until next week...create to feel great!
2 projects complete.  50 to go!

My project of the week is a holiday apron.  I'm having trouble downloading photos from my office computer.
UPDATE!!!-  And here's the above described apron!
So, until I get my laptop back and connected, I can tell you, it is made from a vintage Santa print and vintage pattern.  It is really fun!   Check back here for a photo.  Sorry.

3 comments:

  1. I too try and get a walk in, even if it's just around the block. And remembering to breathe! Amazing how often we forget that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great essay! When things are going completely sideways, I try to remind myself that I'm not paying attention to the world - only to my own wants and desires. I figure it must be a message that there's something that needs my attention more than whatever I'm struggling with. And it usually pops up just as soon as I open my mind to the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems as our house something always go wrong when Mr. C is out of town working. When he gets home to fix problem he is a little beside himself. I finally have learned to call him and ask if I can call our plumber or whomever to just come and fix it now. That saves my ears and him from boiling over.
    Crafting always helps to destress me.

    kraftykj swap bot check out my blog 5

    ReplyDelete