Saturday, April 3, 2010

When time is not on my side

I love this campaign and yet it does take my time and attention.  That's what a challenge does.  That's what commitment to something does. Takes time and attention.  Do we ever have enough of time to give the things in our life attention?  I think yes and no.  I have certainly wasted my fair share of time, and I have certainly felt pressed for time.   This week I felt both.  I wasted time on not trusting my design abilities and running around looking for the items I needed for my costume design work.  These items were right under my nose all the time.  This wasted time left me feeling pressed for time. I was so involved in completing my work for the show I'm designing, that by Thursday, I had forgotten to complete my project for this week.  It was suggested to me that I could pass on a week.  That was an option.  Passing on a week of this campaign, is unthinkable to me.  When I started this challenge, it was a project a week.  If I stop now, and pick it up later, it wouldn't be the same.  All that time and attention given to this Campaign for the last 25 weeks (!) would be for nothing.  At least for me it would be like for nothing. Working on this Campaign has given me so much and has added to my life in ways I couldn't even imagine.  So...not having a project for this week wasn't an option.  I took a break from finishing up my costumes to make a necklace for myself.  Maybe I'll wear this to opening night.  
The biggest thing I'm taking away from this week is that I can focus.  Yet, when I drop my focus on something I've committed to, I risk not coming back to it, in a sense losing the commitment to something I thought or said was important to me.  Hum?....if I can do this with my creativity and this Campaign, what other areas of my life can I commit to, and give my time and attention to that will enhance my life as much as this Campaign has for the last 25 weeks?  I'll work on this and get back to you with some answers.
Until next week...create to feel great!
25 projects complete!  27 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment