Saturday, February 18, 2012

Around The World In Creative Ways

Last week I wrote about "Tribes".  This week the focus is on the big wide world of creativity.   As many of you might remember, I create and play a lot on a site called Swap-Bot. (www.swap-bot.com)  It is an amazing resource of creative ideas and community.  Over the past year I've gotten some fun swap items that were hand crafted from all parts of the world.  I've connected with some fun folks and I've crafted and discovered things I could and want to do.  I love Swap-bot.
Recently, I joined a swap that was promoting other member's blogs.  I got to check out some amazing folks.  I think if you have the time they are worth a check out as well.
My partners were Bluecranyons, viridanmuse, silvermoonsnake (who hosted the swap), collenfranks and springknitter. As part of the swap, we are to give a bit of a review and hopefully be skillful enough to get you to click over and check them out, which I hope you do.

http://craftingwithblue.blogspot.com 
So fun and colorful!  This is a blog that is jammed packed with ideas in paper.  Scrap booking and card making.  She is nice enough to add patterns and templates and some tutorials. (Unlike yours truly-).  Her Valentine heart card...so cute.  Printed it out to use all year around and really for next Valentine's Day!

http://bone-needle.blogspot.com
WOW!  This is a wonderful blog for an old costume lady/history buff like me.  She is from Finland and love Medieval needle work and costumes. Amazing.

http://vintageterrace2.blogspot.com
This writer is a crafter and creative mind who lives in the Ukraine.  I've been following Colleen's blog for some time now, as I often find amazing ideas on her site.

If you love Fairies, this is your blog site.   She creates a line of the cutest Fairies ever!  I giggled as I checked out her blog.  It made me feel like a little girl.  Very sweet.

http://bpositivebfree.blogspot.com
Okay.  How could I NOT love this blog? Or anyone else for that matter?  She's got her own Positive Campaign going on over there.  Lovely Lovely insights!  Wonderful heartfelt writing style.  The post about raising and saving a mouse.  I cried.

This swap was great for me to do. Because sometimes, I get so wrapped up in my world of creating that it is good for me to step out.  It's good for us to see the world from different angles, even if it is done from the internet.  I hope you will take a minute and look at these folk's blogs.  I think it will be worth the trip.

Until next week create to feel great!  16 projects complete 36 to go!

And speaking of Around the world...this week's project is a Sewing Machine Cover...for another swap partner.  It is on it's way to France as I writing this!  Another design created using no pattern!  I didn't even peek on the internet to find a DIY.  The fabric I got at S.C.R.A.P.  which if you live in Portland and love to make things and haven't checked this place out.  Get off the internet and go now...!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the feature DeeDee! Yours will be up on my blog Sunday. My link is misspelled here. It's viridianmuse.blogspot.com. Thanks for saying my blog made you feel like a kid. That makes me happy. Have a wonderful month of March! Can't wait to see what you create for your weekly project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I love love the fairies. I go over to your blog when I want to remember and see magic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I'm sorry I created a typo with your blog. I changed it in the body of the blog. I'm sorry for that, as I think everyone needs to hop over and see what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writing up my post for this swap which features your blog!

    -Deidreart

    ReplyDelete