Saturday, February 4, 2012

I Knew It!

Perhaps it is the first of the year "let's all get healthy" frame of mind folks adopt, but this last week I've seen more and more stories and articles on the relationship between being happy and positive and good health.   Our outlook on life effects us physically.  This might be a "well, duh" moment.  Yet what I love about all this is that it is coming into the light.  Negativity isn't good for us.  It eats at our bodies. It makes us sick in our hearts and our soul.  It just makes us sick.  Yick!  Now the scientific community is supporting this with hard findings.
So, why do we want to keep poisoning ourselves with the negativity?  I've said this several times here...
cause it is easy.  That's why.  There is sooooo much negativity out there.  Sooooo much support for being negative and holding on to the negative attitude.  Why not being negative?  Well, at some point it catches up to us.  With illnesses, aches and pains, a shorter life, poor quality of life. We would not knowingly put rotten food in our bodies and expect to remain healthy.  Well, negative thoughts, words and actions can be the equivalent to ingesting rotten food and expecting to stay healthy.
Everyday, we can decide to be positive or negative.  We can be sunny or gloomy.  I know all this first hand. I know how to be just as negative as the next person.  Three years ago, I decided to work on that.  Shift the tide. Change my life.  It works.  Come on over to the positive side of things. One step at a time.  One reaction at a time. Your body will thank you for it.

Is negativity living in you?  What small small step can you take today to move towards feeling positive.  Viewing the world through positive eyes?  Then  like the shampoo bottle says...rinse, lather, repeat.

Until next week...create to feel great!

14 projects complete! 38 to go!

This week's project...pattern weights.  I'll admit it right here...I watch way too many sewing competition shows.  Project Runway, The Fashion Show, 24 Hour Catwalk...  They designers all use pattern weights to hold down their sewing patterns (what no pins!).   They are expense to buy.  I made my own! Using fabric yo yos (as much fun to make as they are to say) and heavy washers. Decorate with a cute button and let's sew!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea on the yo-yo's. I like making them for pretty additions to any project.
    Blessings,

    Coleen in Ukraine
    s-b(coleenfranks)

    ReplyDelete