Sunday, September 8, 2013

Earn The Relationship

Two months ago, I adopted a fun loving, yet serious little boy cat named Sam.  The first couple of months in Sam's  life, we don't know about.  He was rescued and taken to a small country shelter in the back of pet store in Washington State.  He stayed there for eight months.  Over looked and growing.  The owner of the shelter provided food, place to sleep, love and toys.  What more could a little guy need?
When we brought him home, after two days, he attached himself to big old loving Gus.  No issues, just love and fun.  I have to admit I was a little jealous that he didn't attach himself to me that quickly.  I tell friends that Sam makes a person earn the relationship with him.  If that's true, how did Gus get a free pass?  Well, Gus operates from a place of love.  It makes him safe.  It makes him attractive.  Heck, I love being around Gus.  So, Sam wants anyone in his life to only approach him from a place of love.  Flat out.  He returns the love with no problem, once you pass his background check.  It's a good reminder for me.  Approach everyone and everything from a place of love.  I like the fact that I've earned my relationship with Sam and the many wonderful people I have in my life.  The things we earn, we value.  The best way to keep a relationship's value is to keep approaching it from a place of love.  Pretty simple.  Thank you Sam.

Until next week...create to feel great!

35 projects complete! 17 to go!

This week's project is red work owls!  It is for a Swap-bot quilt square swap.  I'm creating a mixture of quilt squares from swappers from around the world and I'll put them in a huge quilt.  This square is going to my partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment