Sunday, September 22, 2013

The North Star

I was talking with a very close friend this week.  She has been part of my journey to create a lot of good things in my life.  Our conversation this week was around a creative project I've been struggling with for years.  (Struggle might too strong a word, but sometime feels like a struggle)  I've battled resistance in almost every possible form it can come in.  And I've been searching for the answer to why I'm even wanting to work on this particular creative project to begin with.  I finally hit upon my ultimate purpose for this projects creation.  It connected to a life purpose.  It almost blew my off my chair.  An amazing moment of insight.   Which I know if I don't do something with, is like hitting the snooze button on my alarm clock.

My friend suggested I put it in a star, so that only I can reach this purpose.  And that I won't allow anyone, even resistance, to take it away from me.  This is a brilliant idea.  I told her that I will hang a star in the room I'm creating this project in.  The room happens to be a room that faces north.  The north star is the star that sailors use to guide them even in the darkest of nights.  Wow!

I love the idea of putting something that is dear to us in a star.  Stars can guide us.  We make wishes on stars.  Stars are abundant.  Most folks don't try to mess with stars.

Is there something dear and special to you that you would like to put in a star?  Let it shine on you and guide you.

Until next week...create to feel great!

37 projects complete! 15 to go! wow!
                                                                        
This week's project...my star!

No comments:

Post a Comment