Sunday, October 6, 2013

Good Night, MickeyGrrrl

This is the last photo taken of MickeyGrrrl.
 I snapped it on Monday afternoon
 
On Monday September 23, 2013, I shared the best afternoon with my dear beloved MickeyGrrrl.  She sat on my lap and purred, while looking at me.  On that afternoon, I really came to appreciate all we had shared in many years together.  I know now it was her way of saying thank you. I love you.
About 9 pm that evening she headed down to her bedroom.   As I've done on many nights before I shouted after her..."Good Night, Mickey."

The following morning, Tuesday September 24th, I found her sleeping on the futon couch in our TV room.  She didn't wake up.  Gus had been sleeping next to her and had washed her head.  His lovely face was the last one she saw as she drifted off.

When I was a kid I remember asking my Grandma about how a person dies.  Her answer has always stuck with me.  "Folks go to bed at night.  Go to sleep and wake up in heaven."  My dear girl passed in love and comfort after experiencing many years for love and comfort, she was 18.

Her lessons for me are many.  All are simple.  All concern love and strength.

Here are a few of the many lessons she has taught me.

Be still...you'll see and feel love everywhere.                        


Love is all we got.

Before there was Eat, Pray, Love...MickeyGrrrl taught...Love, Eat, Nap

When people are mean to you.  Love them.  You'll always come out ahead.

Strong people love strongly.  Love is the source of strength.

A nap is a gift of love you give to yourself and others.

There are so many many more.  I will miss you my sweet friend.  Thank you.  I love you.
Good Night, MickeyGrrrl.


Until next week...create to feel great!

38 projects complete. 14 to go.

This Kanzashi Flower wreath is to remember
MickeyGrrrl.  18 gold flowers in a heart wreath.
We started working on it the last afternoon we spent together.

Also to honor MickyGrrrl there is a You Caring Site to raise funds to help Orphan and Feral Cats.
Any donation is greatly appreciated will make a difference.. Please go to
www.youcaring.com/MickeyGrrrlFund   Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment