Saturday, September 11, 2010

Onward To The "Finish" Line!

This blog post will signal only four weeks left in my year long challenge to do a project a week for a year.  Wow!  I have to confess, I get way more excited about finishing a project than I do starting one.  I'm a Completion Junkie.  I think it's because of the thrill of seeing where I've come from (the starting gate) and seeing the finish in my sites.  It's a rush for me.  Some folks are the other way around.  They love to start projects.  That's their excitement. 
I've often wondered if these folks get stuck in the same places I tend to get stuck with a project?  I mean, I think we all get stuck.  Bored. Or the project isn't meeting our expectations or vision and we don't know how to fix it.
Yuck.  It wasn't what I wanted to do anyway.  No one really cares what I do or how I do it.  Yuck .Yuck. Yuck.   Being a "Completion Junkie", I think, helps me get through to the end.  I know that rush of a job done (well done or otherwise) is going to be there.
Being within 4 weeks of completing this challenge, is a challenge in itself.  I keep thinking about what will be my last project? I've been reflecting back on everything I've done, written and learned.  The people I've met.
Yet, the finish line might be in my sites, but it's not over yet.  I have four more weeks. Four more projects, and I certainly hope much more than four more lessons or insights.  If now is really all we have, then this is the time for me to live in the now, more than ever.  Treasure what is coming.  Be in the moment to catch the inspiration, the light, the lessons, and the insights. Heading towards the finish line, but not racing.  It could make for a fun four weeks.  I hope you will play along with me.  Be in the now with me.  Let's see what we can create.
Oh, my, I got all in the now and spaced out this week's project.  A knitted cap.  Using yarn I discovered at Happy Knits.  Yes, it's a winter cap, but I'm using it now.  Stay tuned for more on that next week.
How will you stay in the now?  What will you create for yourself in the now?

Until next week...create to feel great!
48 projects complete...4 to go! Wow!  4 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment