Saturday, August 11, 2012

90 Percent

With the Occupy Movement we started hearing about the 98%.  Years ago, columnist Dear Abby, talked about 90% of what we worry about never happens.  The other 10 % we can handle.   Recently, I discovered the Secret Society of Happy People.  They proclaim that most folks can really be happy 90 % of the time.   They peg, 90% because of that 10 % which is life that often times just grabs at us and we can shake it no matter what.  Happiness happens, they say.  Sounds almost effortless.

Being sort of an all or nothing kind of girl, 90% doesn't seem like it it hitting the mark.  Yes, 100% of the time is a nice lofty goal.  Again, that 10 % gives us some wiggle room and takes the pressure off of being perfect.  What I'm finding is most days hitting 90% is not an issue it is an easy stride, so I go for that 10%.  That extra 10% is a wonderful feeling.
So be it worry or happiness we can always handle that 10%.

Do you think you are hitting the 90% happiness scale everyday?  If not what would you like to do to hit that mark?  If you are hitting the 90%...go for the extra 10% for a week and see how it feels.

Until next week...create to feel great!

41 projects complete.  11 to go.

More P2C projects....I volunteered to make my team, The Under Toes, visors to wear for the event.  And being me...not just plain visors but gold lame visors (well for the ladies- black with gold trim for the men).
I think we'll be able to see each other in the crowds.  15 days and counting to race day! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment