Friday, August 24, 2012

Gone For A Walk

Dear Readers and Followers-
If you are reading this post on August 24th or 25th, I'm out walking.  Walking from my hometown of Portland, Oregon to Seaside, Oregon, on the Coast.   No I'm not walking the entire 129 miles.  I'm apart of a 12 person relay team.  I'll be walking 11 miles over two days.  Over hill and valley.  Singing, walking and riding in a van with 6 ladies, one of them a dear friend.

I've been training for a year to do this walk.  I'm nervous and excited.  So, why did I decide to do this event?  To focus.  Focus on myself.  My health and well-being.  To heal and lose weight (which I have...50 pounds, thank you for asking.)  To prove to myself that I can do something so off the chain that it shakes up my entire approach to life.  So, it is not just a walking event for me.  I think sometimes we have to shake up our lives in a healthy way.  I can not wait to see the sand of Seaside and my dear husband on the sidelines waving me in. 

So, focus.  Over the years, I've discovered that what I focus on manifests itself in my life.  With this Campaign, I've focused on my creativity and creating a positive attitude.   I have more creative flow and I'm able to shift my thoughts, outlook and attitude to the sunny side of things quickly and with ease.  With Portland to Coast training, I've created health, strength and endurance.

What to focus on next?  I'll think about it as I walk.

Until next week...create to feel great!

42 projects complete...10 to go!

Another P2C craft....First Aid kit.   Hopefully, we won't need it, but just in case...We'll be ready!


pockets for all the supplies.  Bag flattens for ease of operation.

No comments:

Post a Comment