Saturday, October 6, 2012

110%

"If you have zest and enthusiasm, you attract zest and enthusiasm.  Life does give back in kind." ~ Norman Vincent Peale

I discovered the above quote a couple of weeks ago and thought that it is the believe that for me is what got me wanting to start this Campaign. I decided to use it this week, because I found myself engaged in several conversations about approaching our life's dreams with enthusiasm.

 Folks who know me have commented that I go after anything I'm interested in with so much energy it is head spinning. Whereas, I get that observation, I sometimes think I talk a good game. I think there are areas hold back in and don't give my full "zest and enthusiasm".   Then I wonder why I feel like at times I'm standing still and not moving forward towards what I say I want in my life.  I've discovered this cycle of moving and then holding back and attempting to move some more, is not only crazy making it is cranky making.  It sets me firmly on the negative path.  By now, I know that is one path I do not want to be on or even close to, no matter how tempting it is.

I could use this insight as a club to beat myself up with, but I don't.  It is just a realization of where I am and might be the best opportunity to stop, assess and move forward on a happy path.  Along the way kicking up my "zest and enthusiasm" by reconnecting with what got me stated on this idea in the first place.  I usually do this by checking in with myself and ask at what percentage I'm at right now?  Then I work to figure out how to get up to 100% or 110%.

Something bright, positive and zesty is always a better choice for me than dull, negative, and bland.  It may look like a simple choice but sometimes it is not.

What is one thing in your life you could do to create more zest and enthusiasm?

Until next week create to feel great!


49 projects complete!   3 (yes you read that right!) 3 to go!


This week's project...my newest craft love...little wallet purses.    Soft little purses for times when I don't want to carry a bigger purse or wallet.  Easy to whip up and uses up fabric scraps.  Gotta love it!


A peek inside...pockets of cards and cash!

No comments:

Post a Comment