Saturday, September 29, 2012

Settled Or Settling?

When I was growing up, my family moved a whole lot.   Sometimes four to five times a year.  It felt like we were always on the move.  I'd watch the T.V. show Wagon Train and knew what those folks were going through...moving all the time.  My mom hated it, even though she was the instigator of most of the moving.  Her one wish was to be settled or to just get settled.   Coming from all that movement, I'm grew into a fairly "settled" adult.   I've been married close to 24 years.  We lived in the same house for 17 years and in the same city for close to 30 years.  I like it. It suits me.  It has given me a base to grow and evolve as a person. I've been thinking a lot about the word settle.  I think we can be settled any where we are.  We can have calm, focus and peace of mind any where at any time we allow it.  

Then there is settling. I think some times in my life I've settled for good enough or second best because I didn't want to be uncomfortable.  My Grandma has a friend she use to say was in love with second best.  The friend was happy with life's scraps.  I think that is sad.

I think there is a real fine line between being settled and settling. Sometimes either one can cause unhappiness or great joy.  So odd.
Again it goes back to what are we creating in our lives?

Is it time to break up with being in love with second best in order to create something first rate?  I think being in the groove of creating something first rate is the best form of being settled.

Until next week create to feel great!

48 projects complete! 4 to go! (I can not believe it!)  I hear cowbells ringing!
This week's project is an stuffed owl.  To remind me to make wise decisions and he's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment