Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fruits Of My Labors

"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and work and to play and to look up at the stars."
~Henry Van Dyke 


This is the last post of summer 2012. Probably, you are reading this on the first day of fall.  So, how was summer 2012 for you?  Mine was amazing, if I might brag a bit. Why you ask?  Well, because I lived it fully.
All the crazy ups and downs.  All the good times and bad times.  All the excitement and fears.  I live it all fully.  Summer 2012 is one for my books, and I'm glad of it.  I created every minute of it.  (Yes, even the junk, and crap and stuff of it all.)  I pushed and relaxed.  I challenged myself.  I discovered parts of me and my creativity I didn't know were there.  I read, walked, cleaned, reorganized and I planted.  I planted a raised bed garden.  I planted seeds in myself.  My gardens are doing great.

I'm raising a glass to summer 2012 and all it's glories.  But most of all to me for living it fully, and to creating a great autumn!

How was your summer 2012?  Is it time to create a great autumn?  What would that look like for you?

Until next week create to feel great!
47 projects complete! 5 to go!

This week's project are the fruits of my labors in my garden.  Tomatoes!  Lovely abundant tomatoes!
I have an heirloom variety- Abe Lincoln. Cherry tomatoes and Roma/Plum tomatoes.   All going into a sauce to be canned.   So, far I've "put up" 7 pints of sauce.  Canning has been my project this week to stay up with all my tomatoes!  I've loved having my garden and next year I will expand the "lower 40". But for now canned tomatoes.   As my Grandma would say..."We eat what we can.  What we can't we can."

No comments:

Post a Comment