Saturday, September 15, 2012

To The Core

I have often heard that "the Core" is the base of everything.  I recently discovered the value of having a strong core.  In our bodies it means having strong back and ab muscles.   Without that strength we have all sorts of aches and pains.  We can't move as well or as fast.  I do think that is important, because on an emotional and spiritual level it connects us to the flow of life.  Our intuition. Our peace of mind.  Our sense of purpose and who we are.  When we are weak at our core, life is difficult. It is more than a challenge to pull our selves up and out of a funk. It is almost like we are rotting from the inside out.  No fun.  No joy.
How do we get a strong core.  Physically, it is working those muscles out.  Emotionally and spiritually it is also a work out.  Learning to shift our mind set from negative to positive.  Setting boundaries that honor who we are, and sticking to those boundaries. Standing up for who we are.  Eliminating worries (because worry takes us out of the moment and 90% of what we worry about never happens.  The other 10% we can deal with).  Stop trying to control everyone and everything and stay in the moment.  Whew!  That's a work out!  And like a work out, at first it might be a struggle to see the value in doing the work out.  Yet if we keep at it consistently, we begin to see, feel and know the value.  Soon we are strong at our core.  Nothing can shake us.  Creating and living a great life is really possible.

Are you ready to do a Core work out?   Get yourself strong to the core?

Until next week...create to feel great.

46 projects complete!  6 to go (I can see the finish line in my sights!)

This week's project is a little crocheted lady bug.  A Swap-Bot friends' grand daughter was in ill and in the hospital.  I heard she loves lady bugs.  So, I hope this brings her some cheer.  It made me smile to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment