Saturday, May 11, 2013

Still Figuring This One Out

This week I read and heard from several sources that the number one dream/life killer is negativity.
Yes.  This I know.  Yet what I'm still attempting to figure out is why then is there so much negativity?  Why do we gravitate to it like bees to honey?  What is it about negativity that makes it so attractive?  Why do would we ever want to kill our dreams and life with it?

Here's some of the conclusions/ my answers I'm still working on, but are my food for thought on this.
Negativity is easy.  If we stew in negativity, we don't have to do or want to do anything else.  No one really and honestly gets annoyed at negativity, because we find it so attractive. Misery loves company. So, if you are in a funk, folks sometimes will almost celebrate with you.  How sad, but I've seen it time and time again.
Here's what I do know, folks who are moving forward in their lives no matter at what pace, have little tolerance for negativity.  They usually pick up their pace to move away from it.  This why it is important to engage your creativity to assist you in moving away from negativity.  Because as attractive as negativity may be to all of us.  Creativity is even more attractive.  We are truly drawn to the creativity process, be it your own or someone else's.

Suggestion instead of allowing negativity to kill your dreams/life, allow creativity to help you build the boat (in whatever shape or form) to paddle away from it, and into the beautiful light of life.
Just a suggestion.

Until next week...create to feel great!

19 projects complete! 43 to go!

This week's project is an art doll for a swap-bot challenge.  We had to use a sewing pattern, a flower, a pen or pencil, and pieces of jewelry to create something.  I came up with an art doll.  Broadside said it looks like I'm watching way too much RuPaul's Drag Race.  Maybe, but my partner who received the doll loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment